Joumounad - Pumpkin-Rice Pot
|Preparing for cooking demonstration|
400g/14oz pumpkin, cubed (after peeling and removing the seeds)
3-4 carrots, diced
4-5 potatoes, diced
Handful of cabbage, roughly chopped
12 oz crab meat
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
1. Boil pumpkin and potatoes until tender; drain and set aside water.
2. Puree a portion of the cooked pumpkin and potatoes and set aside.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to a pot; drop in the cooked pumpkin and potatoes, the crab meat and squeeze lemon through a sieve over the crab. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the crushed garlic, the onion and iodized salt to taste. Add the potatoes and the cabbage. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Pour in the water previously set aside, add the pumpkin and potato puree and bring to a boil.
5. Add the rice.
6. Let simmer and add the chopped leafy greens toward the end. Stir everything.
7. Cover and simmer on low heat before serving hot.
|Parents feeding their children while learning |
diet diversity best practices with